Minor Release Addresses Localization

I released CataBlog 1.6.4 this morning, it addresses an issue with localization and adds a translation for Russian. If you had problems using the French translation of CataBlog in the past, please try this new update.

I know this isn't the release we all want, but it was too simple a fix to hold up for the much more complex custom fields feature.

Posted in Bug Fix, Localization, Software Update | 6 Comments

The Next Feature: Customizable Fields

Well, it is 2013, and time to actually start thinking about adding an enhancement to CataBlog. The obvious new feature that most people want is to customize the fields for the catalog. Customizable fields will allow someone to make an author field, a shipping cost field, media field, print type, f-stop, and on and on.

Well, what do you think? Is this the best way for me to enhance CataBlog? Let me know in the comments below and have a nice day 🙂

Posted in New Features, Personal Notes | 41 Comments

Security Holes Patched

So I have patched the security holes in CataBlog and committed the new revision to the WordPress Plugin Repository. So far it is not showing up in searches, but I noticed that I am now able to go directly to the plugins page. So if you cannot find CataBlog go to http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/catablog/. This whole experience is a bit disappointing, I must say, but from now on I will be more diligent about security and hopefully this will never be a problem again.

Please note that the download links from this site should now be working 🙂

Posted in Bug Fix, Personal Notes, Software Update, Support | 9 Comments

Plugin Removed from Repository

Well Automattic and WordPress have decided to pull CataBlog from the repository due to XSS vulnerabilities. That means all the download links are not working and well, basically Automattic pulled the rug from under me, thanks guys. A heads up, would have been nice.

Until I am able to fix these vulnerabilities CataBlog will not be available at the WordPress Plugin Repository. Sorry. I think they could have handled this in a better way, but it is not my decision. Expect me to fix this issue within a week or so, as I am way too busy to start fixing this right away.

Posted in Personal Notes, Support | 3 Comments

WordPress 3.3 Required

Wanted to make a note to everyone that CataBlog 1.6 and above requires WordPress 3.3 or above. The new WYSIWYG editor uses a function only found in version of WordPress greater than 3.3. This may be yet another reason to allow Admins to configure if they want to use the TinyMCE Editor or the plain text field from older versions of CataBlog.

Posted in Personal Notes, Support | 10 Comments

More New Features and Bug Fixes

Well another minor CataBlog version was released today, 1.6.2 is another step forward towards a bug free CataBlog. The two new features now allow admins to regenerate specific library items with the bulk menu and delete custom templates from within the templates editor. The two bug fixes now make sure that the LightBox version of transparent images are layered onto of the background color set in the thumbnail options, and there are no more warning messages about cookie values not being set in the library view.

Again, hope this new version works well and helps ease the experience people are having with CataBlog.

Posted in Bug Fix, Development, New Features, Software Update | 8 Comments

Interface Enhancements and Bug Fixes

CataBlog 1.6.1 was released today, this new version focuses on the recently added gallery feature and also includes interface enhancements and bug fixes. Of particular interest will be the now complete micro editor form that appears after uploading an image with the flash uploader. You may configure which fields are shown in the micro editor in the Screen Options section of the CataBlog Add New Admin Panel. The other new enhancement adds individual page links to the limited catalog's navigation.

There are also a few bug fixes, two pertaining to the new gallery section of CataBlog. You should no longer receive an error message in the front end after deleting Library items that were in galleries. Also, if you open and closed the add to gallery modal window multiple times the selected library items will now be cleared between each opening and closing.

Hope the update helps make everyone's CataBlog experience a little bit smoother. Enjoy 🙂

Posted in Bug Fix, Development, New Features, Software Update | 6 Comments