CataBlog Tested with WordPress 4

So I have been testing CataBlog with the not so newly released WordPress 4.0.1, so far everything has gone great. There have been no found regressions and it feels as performant as ever, thanks mainly to the WordPress team and there hard work making WP4 even better.

If you have been waiting to upgrade WordPress because of CataBlog, wait no longer. But, as always, remember to backup your site before any major upgrade to WordPress since many things can go wrong during an update.

Posted in Development, Support | Leave a comment

WordPress Upgrade *May* Break CataBlog

EDIT

It seems that some people are using CataBlog fine in WordPress 4, while I think others have had problems. I would suggest testing CataBlog with any future versions of WordPress and or your Theme before upgrading your "live site". The best way to do this is with a backup run locally on your own computer.

The new WordPress upgrade broke CataBlog, please do NOT update to WordPress 4.0 if you need to keep using CataBlog. I will look into the problem as soon as I can, but since it is freeware and I need to concentrate on my paying job, I won't be able to tell you how long until it is fixed.

Thanks again everyone for your patience and support of CataBlog, cheers!

Posted in Support | 6 Comments

Patch Fix For Interface Bugs

I've fixed the two rendering bugs with CataBlog and newer versions of WordPress. This version has very little difference, so I wouldn't worry to much about any breakage if your upgrading from 1.6.4. I know it is disappointing that there are no new features in over a year, but I will try and spend a little time working on CataBlog in the coming months, so stay tuned.

Cheers!
:)

Posted in Bug Fix, Software Update | 4 Comments

CataBlog and WordPress 3.8 Bugs

I know I'm probably a little late breaking with this news, but the latest version of CataBlog has two rendering bugs in WordPress 3.8. But don't worry too much, none of these bugs are fatal. I will try and fix them soon, but I cannot give a timeline since I'm very busy these days.

Issue 1:
The Multifile Upload Button renders improperly. Although it may seem the button is broken, it is not, simply click the button and select your images. If you do get an error, please double check the selected file's size is within your server's configured limits.

Issue 2:
The Edit CataBlog Item panel renders the description field too low. This is really just an inconvenience, especially for shorter monitors that will have to scroll to accommodate for the extra height.

Both these rendering errors are relatively easy fixes that I will try and patch up and release soon. Thanks again for supporting CataBlog and being apart of its community.

- Zach

Posted in Bug Fix, Support | 7 Comments

Minor Release Addresses Localization

I released CataBlog 1.6.4 this morning, it addresses an issue with localization and adds a translation for Russian. If you had problems using the French translation of CataBlog in the past, please try this new update.

I know this isn't the release we all want, but it was too simple a fix to hold up for the much more complex custom fields feature.

Posted in Bug Fix, Localization, Software Update | 6 Comments

The Next Feature: Customizable Fields

Well, it is 2013, and time to actually start thinking about adding an enhancement to CataBlog. The obvious new feature that most people want is to customize the fields for the catalog. Customizable fields will allow someone to make an author field, a shipping cost field, media field, print type, f-stop, and on and on.

Well, what do you think? Is this the best way for me to enhance CataBlog? Let me know in the comments below and have a nice day :)

Posted in New Features, Personal Notes | 39 Comments

Security Holes Patched

So I have patched the security holes in CataBlog and committed the new revision to the WordPress Plugin Repository. So far it is not showing up in searches, but I noticed that I am now able to go directly to the plugins page. So if you cannot find CataBlog go to http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/catablog/. This whole experience is a bit disappointing, I must say, but from now on I will be more diligent about security and hopefully this will never be a problem again.

Please note that the download links from this site should now be working :)

Posted in Bug Fix, Personal Notes, Software Update, Support | 9 Comments