CataBlog got a major update today, offering more then a dozen new features and enhancements. Most importantly this update includes the necessary files for translators to localize CataBlog. I have included a preliminary Spanish translation with this release as an example. Another really important thing to know about this release of CataBlog is that it requires WordPress 3.1 or greater.
A few other changes in the interface should also be noted. The CataBlog icon has been moved down to the bottom of the Admin Menu so it does not cause any conflicts. Also, drag and drop reordering of the catalog was removed, instead you may use the date and order fields to sort your catalog.
The most exciting new features in this version are all part of the shortcode implementation of CataBlog. There are a bunch of new parameters, including: sort, order, operator and template. Each of these parameters along with the category parameter, which now works with multiple categories in this version, give you a wealth of options for displaying your catalog. Here are some examples to best demonstrate how to use these parameters.
NEW UPDATE: CataBlog 220.127.116.11 patch has been released. This patch fixes a few minor display and CSS bugs. Please try this version if your catalog is not displaying correctly.
will show the entire catalog sorted using the order field in an ascending fashion with the system template.
will show catalog items that are in the dog category.
will show catalog items in both the dogs and the cats categories.
[catablog category="cats" operator="not in"]
will show catalog items that are not in the cats category.
[catablog sort="date" template="gallery"]
will order the entire catalog by date and use the gallery.htm template file in the plugin views folder.
[catablog sort="random" template="default"]
will show the entire catalog in random order using the default list template.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Reload the default template in the Template Tab of the CataBlog Options Admin Panel.
- Make sure the LightBox is enabled in the LightBox Tab of the CataBlog Options.
- Make sure the Render a new image to be used... is enabled in the LightBox Tab.
- Make sure that the jQuery selector is
.catablog-imagein the LightBox Tab.
- Check that your shortcode is not using the old tag parameter, which is no longer supported.
- NEW Make sure the link field is empty when using the default template.
Version 1.2.5 of CataBlog Features this new enhancements:
- Included a POT file for generating localized PO and MO files inside the plugin's localization folder.
- The shortcode now supports multiple categories using a comma to separate each category name.
- The shortcode now supports an operator parameter that lets you modify how the categories filter.
- The shortcode now supports sorting your catalog by date, order, title or randomly.
- The shortcode now supports overriding the system template with any template file you want.
- Catalog items now have a date field that may be used for sorting
- Category names may now include non alphanumeric characters
- Various bug fixes and enhancements.