Editing Catalog Items
You may edit your catalog items at anytime by clicking the thumbnail, title or edit link.
Catalog Item Values
- Primary Image*: An image you select and upload upon creation of the catalog item. Every catalog item is required to have a primary image, though you may replace it at a latter date if you need.
- Title*: A title or name for your catalog item. Again, every catalog item is required to have a title, if you really don't need to display the title of an item remove it from your template code. The title value accepts HTML tags, allowing you to emphasize a specific section of the title if you want.
- Secondary Images: A collection of other images to display next to the primary image. You may add these images after you upload a primary image. Secondary images will work just like primary images do with the LightBox, meaning a click will open the LightBox and they may be scrolled to in the LightBox with the next and previous buttons.
- Description: A place for you to describe your catalog item in detail. This value for the catalog item accepts HTML formatting and can even be configured to expand other WordPress plugin shortcodes. Please be careful when entering your own HTML tags in this field, make sure that you close all the tags you open and don't place block level elements inside inline level elements.
- Date: A timestamp you may use for the catalog item, great as a second value to sort your catalog by. This value will default to the time you uploaded the catalog items original primary image.
- Order: A positive integer that you may use to give your catalog a custom order. Each item may have only one order value, making it impossible to give an item a different order positions for different categories. A new Gallery feature will soon be implemented, allowing you to group catalog items into selections with custom orders.
- Link: A absolute or relative web address. Simply put a slash in front of any of your site's permalinks to link to a specific page on your site, or use the full web address to link to external sites. If you leave this field empty the link token (
%LINK%) will return the URL of the full size primary image in your template.
- Price: This field is for people who want to use the Store Template. The price should be a positive number, it may have two decimal places and it should not include a currency symbol. Instead you may set the currency of your store in the Store Template itself with a form parameter.
- Product Code: This field is meant for the Store Template as well. Use it to distinguish different products from each other by setting a SKU or product id of some sort. Generally the title of the catalog item is used for the product name and the product code is the sub heading under the name, but feel free to change this in the Store Template.
- Categories: Make categories and organize your catalog items with them. Specifically this will let you make subsections of your catalog to be displayed on different pages. You may combine as many categories as you want in one shortcode, just make sure to separate each category name with a comma.
* Required fields for catalog items.